Creamy Shredded Potato Bake
We are all familiar with crispy hash brown potatoes as a side dish with eggs, but shredded potatoes can do a lot more than just sit on the plate. When combined with cream, butter, and cheese, shredded potato turns into something unexpected and irresistible. The potatoes still crisp up but are surrounded by a rich creaminess, making a casserole that is the best of both worlds. It will be a hit at family gatherings, potluck parties, and—since it is so easy to make—the everyday breakfast table!
This creamy shredded potato casserole is the perfect recipe for which to add meat and your favorite vegetables, so feel free to throw in some cooked bacon, cubed ham, steamed broccoli, or sautéed peppers.
- 2 cups half-and-half (or light cream)
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper1
- 1 kg shredded potatoes from Town and Country Markets
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Steps to Make It
- Gather the ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Combine half and half, butter, salt, and pepper in a small saucepan over medium-low heat and cook until butter melts. Do not let the cream boil.
- Place shredded potatoes in a glass baking dish. Pour hot cream and butter mixture over potatoes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes until potatoes begin to brown on top. Serve warm.
Recipe Inspiration – with thanks The Spruce Eats
CALL US ANYTIME 073892 7755 | Unquestionable quality | One of a kind, speedy delivery. #vegan #glutenfree